View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 3, 2014, 8:31 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Nicely done.

My partner and I ride our fixies from home in River North (Lasalle St and Huron St) to Hollywood and back frequently (about 16.2 miles, round trip), and we also ride from home to the South Shore Cultural Center at the south end of the trail (71st St and South Shore Drive), which is about 23 miles fairly often. Occasionally we've even ridden all the way to Hammond, Indiana, which is about 37 miles round trip. The first time I did that trip I got dehydrated and got sick when I got home, but I've been better about staying hydrated since.

We also like riding to Devon Ave, and up to Lincoln Square. Another trip I like, at least in the winter when there isn't a lot of people on the streets, is going west on Jackson St from the Loop to Berwyn where his parents live, which is about 20 miles round trip from our home.

Someday I want to take trails and streets and paths from home to my brother's place in Wheaton. Supposedly it's possible, but it'd be about 55 miles round trip if we rode both ways so maybe we'd spend the night out there.

But the lakefront is really nice - I actually like the South Lakefront better than the North half. There are some sections on both halves that I wish they'd repave, though. Or at least spot-fix some serious potholes.