View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 1:33 PM

Anyone else like me? Taking different bridges or highways based on how you feel that day as opposed to just the most efficient route?

I've only take Hwy 2 as far as Bowmanville. If I were retired and had all the time in the world had to go to Cornwall, I'd consider taking 2 all the way.

If I had to go from the Kawarthas to Ottawa, I would definitely take Hwy 7 instead of 401 since I've never been on that stretch of 7.

When I drive from the city up to the cottage on the east side of G Bay, I alternate between two routes. 400 straight up or 427/Zenway/Hwy 27.

On way back from cottage to Oakville, when I get on the 401, I equally take 427/QEW and 403. Though on occasion I'll take 401 and exit Trafalgar and head down just to change it up. Definitely longer but it's something different. And only at non peak times because I don't wanna deal with Toronto Outlet traffic!

Or if I'm going to Markham, which I do often, I switch up between QEW/427/401 or Dundas/403/401 or QEW/Gardiner/DVP/404. Though the latter is often jammed up so that's only early morn or really late.

Sometimes when I'm heading to Niagara, instead of crossing the Burlington Skyway, I'll get off on Eastport and do that winding road and cross over the lift bridge and get back on the QEW afterwards. Every time I've been on Eastport I'm practically the only car so it feels nice to have the road to myself. This is at off peak times of course.

Oh and when driving to Florida, two different times we took I-75 down and took I-95 back.

Last edited by megadude; Jul 27, 2018 at 1:48 PM.