View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2008, 1:22 AM
Oak City

5/2/08 - Big construction update

----------------------------------------------

17 floor Ritz-Carlton hotel and 32 floor Bank of America tower:

The Ritz-Carlton has shot skyward but the BofA tower is still below street level.

Looking at the BofA hole in the ground:

View from above:

Still hauling a lot of rock out of the hole:

View of the Ritz from the opposite side.

I can't recall ever seeing so may cranes downtown.

The Vue condos, 50 floors:

The have been working nonstop on the foundation at least since February. It looks like they are still pouring the massive caissons that will support the 50 floor tower.

There is a steady stream of cement trucks rumbling into the site.

Novare's 27 floor Catalyst condos and 17 floor office building

The Catalyst has been going up at a blistering pace.

Site prep for the 17 floor office tower portion of the project. The concrete structure on the left is the parking deck under construction for the project. There is a proposal for a 39 floor Twelve hotel and condo tower to be built to the left of Catalyst.

Roughly the same view in this rendering if you take a few steps back. Office tower in front, Catalyst on the right, Twelve on the left:

Wachovia 48 floor office tower & 42 floor condo tower, Mint Museum, Bechtler Art Museum, African American Cultural Center, and 1,200 seat theater.

What it looks like now:

What it will look like in 2010. The cantilevered building in the foreground is the Bechtler Art Museum. The tan building this side of the Wachovia tower is the Mint Museum.

The elongated African American Cultural Center. Below it is underground access to the 7 floors of parking beneath the Wachovia tower.

A first look at what the tower's cladding will look like!

The one panel is just very dirty.

Around on the other side of the project, I beleive the concrete structure on the left (which is behind the Bechtler Art Museum) is the back of the theater. The condo tower portion of the project will be just to the right of this. I feel like I'm in the middle of Dubai or something with all this construction going on. The Novare towers are under construction just behind my left shoulder.

Looking at the backside of Bechtler.

14 floor Aloft Hotel

Part of the Epicenter / 210 Trade development. A permit issue has held up the 53 floor 210 Trade portion of the project. The issue came from the fact there are several parties working together on this large mixed use project, and things had to get sorted out such as if a water pipe burst, which party is responsible for what section, etc. Hopefully we'll see that portion go vertical soon.

This time no photos of the ~19 floor NASCAR tower and Hall of Fame, 13 floor Royal Court, or 11 floor Garrison Lofts. Maybe next time.

For more photos of Charlotte, see my thread http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show....php?p=3527103

Last edited by initiald; May 3, 2008 at 2:04 PM.