View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 11, 2013, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Driving that far out of the way coming from where? The only issue would be for people coming from the South via Plessis. Isn't the far larger traffic volume from people coming from downtown via Dugald? Easy enough to route them down Lag to Regent instead.
All the people of Transcona trying to get out. A lot of people use Plessis to get to Fermor, a lot of people.

The underpass will do nothing about the traffic on Dugald, so I'm not sure what you're getting at there. The problem is the traffic coming and going from Transcona, north of the tracks. When Plessis is closed, they don't have anywhere else to go except the locations I discussed.

For example. If you live at Brewster and Victoria. You'll have to go all the way to Ravenhurst or all the way to Lag just to cross the tracks when you might only be going to the Transcona golf course. People will just use Bournais. Traffic will be bad for that poor school.

All I'm saying is the city is discouraging people to use Bournais when they dam well know everybody will be using Bournais.