View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 12, 2013, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedok View Post
This is rather fantastic, largelly because it relies on the building of a new GO train station in Stoney Creek, but here's my vague concept for a transit oriented neighbourhood to build around it in what google maps says is currently an empty field near the Centennial Parkway. Sure, it's a bit big, but I tried to keep it fairly realistic (also I think a GO Station in Stoney Creek would be nice).
I love the idea of a GO station there. I would prefer one there, which is right by downtown Stoney Creek, than out by the new Wal-Mart smart centre at the other end of Centennial where there is actually going to be a GO station built in a few years.

Where you put the parking structure won't work because that is Battlefield Park, a historic site.

I like the idea of building that area up more. Adding a lot of residents in such a small piece of land would bring a lot more people into downtown Stoney Creek. There is already a project like this, but on a smaller scale, that is going to be built on the north side of King St (the location was just cut off at the top of your google maps image). It is going to include a four storey apartment building (69 units) and 10 lots for condominium townhomes.