View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 9:22 PM
Space Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
I do love the idea of a Midtown area. I would think an area bound from 6th South to 10th South and 2nd East to 3rd West.

Then we can have the area from 1900 South through I-80 and 3rd West to 2nd East be labeled as Uptown. This would help link developments in SLC and SSL into a more cohesive environment. I also like the thought of renaming the 2100 S Trax station as Uptown.
Yeah! I like that a lot. The 2100 S TRAX stop is in SSL though, so I wouldn't be surprised if that city wanted to call the stop "South City" or something. Maybe SSL would rebrand their whole downtown effort as "Uptown" if they were presented the idea, which is better and more catchy than "South City" imo. Regardless, "Central Pointe" is so bland.

It makes sense that these areas are relatively nameless right now because they have lacked a substantial residential presence until recently. With the continuing influx of new residents, I think it would be nice to be able to refer to the areas by more specific names to give them a better sense of place.

EDIT: what do you think of this potential redrawing of the neighborhoods?

Last edited by Atlas; Jul 16, 2020 at 10:15 PM.