View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldive View Post
I know this has been said but...

Kawhi deserves the accolades he received. Re-instated Superstar comeback from injury.

But the care and feeding of that comeback wasn't just his own. The front office, coaching staff, medical/training staff, teammates... even dizzy fan support... made a huge contribution obviously.

Not many organizations could help this very unique individual soar (back) to MVP.

Now that he's home in L.A. and banked his mega-millions... championship notwithstanding... I do think he owes the Raptors/fan some kinda of extra thanks. Be it a corny full page ad in a newspaper, half a dozen new city ball courts, or a modest cut of his salary ;-)

He should break his legendary silence and say a personal good bye... give back a bit of what was given to him. He gave us a lot, but he was given as much (more?) in return.

And the Raptors often forgotten core had a very solid winning percentage when he was being cared for (not playing).

We all like to be appreciated of course. But maybe like many I'm just feeling rejected lol.

P.S. a thanks tweet won't cut it imo ;-)