View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2047 View Post

Minority governments IMO are ideal, the issue is when partisan Bologna gets in the way of actual progress. The fear that party-x will get credit for some genuine good choices so party-y kills the initiative is a real problem. Perhaps if it was understood that it was impossible (or nearly impossible) for a party to form majority it would create more real cooperation.
This part is what really makes politics exhausting these days. I'd really like to see more politicans from the opposing recognize that an idea or initiative was great and say "this is what I would build onto that idea" or "i'd continue doing that". It doesn't have to be that you always just take the opposite stance of the other party if its something that's good for all or the majority of citizens.

For example I fully support the tourism tax credit for vacationing in NB and I wouldn't mind seeing this be something thats ongoing (they already extended through winter). Its not that much money to spend and can really help some of these small businesses in a unique way. I see it as no different than the loyalty rewards programs so many businesses rely on now.

Growing tourism in NB in something I see as a huge opportunity in the coming years as travel opens back up. The Marketing has gotten better over the years but there is still a much higher ceiling here. The Fundy trail parkway connection being a great start. There is so many beautiful places to see in NB that even locals have never heard of.