Thread: PhoenixMart
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 5:49 AM

Wow - you guys amaze me - no research - just "feelings". There is no hidden surprises here - the initial planning for this project began over 4 years ago with site visits and such both here in AZ and in other locations across the country. Casa Grande was selected and the official "announcement" of the project was in fall of 2011, so even that was over 2 years ago and not months as the above post suggests.

There is no question, and no hiding from the developers that a vast majority of this funding is coming from Chinese investors using the US GOVT sanctioned EB-5 program, so yes some Chinese investors and their families will get VISAs - IF IF IF - the 3000 guaranteed jobs (the 9K plus is what is expected from the studies but only 3K are REQUIRED per the EB-5 program) are still there 2 years from now.

So though this may have been somewhat under the radar to many - I was posting about this on other forums over 2 years ago and I attended all the city planning meetings and Council meetings and every aspect of financing etc was discussed.

There has been VERY LITTLE city give back on this project other than assigned staff time and some credits for impacts that Phoenixmart will cause (road improvements etc). There is NO city bond financing or the like involved with this project so I cannot see how the city will be on the hook for anything unless the project completely fails and the site becomes a nuisance or the like.