View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 8, 2018, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Nobody's overlooking. "Pass through" as opposed to "conveniently serve" is exactly the criticism.
Most of these 'talking point' critics have little specific knowledge of Denver's system. It's like reading political headlines as opposed to actually understanding a topic. All they know is that suburbs are 'bad' and the city center is 'good.'
Quote:
You never know, but I think our do-it-better-with-hindsight plan from a couple of months ago would've done just fine at the polls. I also think tacking on another billion dollars to FasTracks would not have made one iota of difference to voters (although it would've affected the debt cap).
Quote:
I said they should have used a different type of train on most of the same corridors, with only a couple of tweaks replacing 1 or 2 particularly low-performing existing ROWs with 1 or 2 better existing ROWs.
This was your original bullet point post

Essentially we agreed to add my Urban Signature Line (along Broadway/Speer/Leetsdale) and you wanted it to extend to Nine Mile and drop the rest of the R Line.

Yes, I'm sure that would have passed and with the inclusion of the one urban line would have been much better. I'm not sure RTD would have preferred DMU's but assuming they did the voters wouldn't have likely cared.

For brevity, CastleScott described well why FasTracks happened except it was really the SW Corridor's completion that catalyzed everything.