View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 8, 2019, 1:57 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
Downtown is a secondary issue here

Generally in the us the cities that are adding the most urban format infill midrises are those with the highest rate of increasing urbanity.

Houston inner loop, dc, Austin, portland, Chicago west loop, Minneapolis are at the forefront of this trend.

In the Midwest, maybe Columbus.

Meanwhile Milwaukee’s downtown, St. Louis central west end, and Cincinnati’s OTR are architecturally extraordinary. But they lack the new investments in sufficient numbers to make these assets yield the benefits they should.
to be clear, the central west end IS getting serious investment and is a growing island in the “global chicago island” mode with too much new construction for me to bother with on here. additionally, OTR has been completely transformed with renovations and subtle infill in a way that i’ve never see first hand. i remember how it was. st. louis problem isnt the lack of investment in the central west end and OTR is seeing plenty of attention.

nextstl.com

nextstl.com

apartments.com

Last edited by Centropolis; Sep 8, 2019 at 2:21 PM.