View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 9:41 PM

^^ Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
I like its original design a lot. It could have been so much more with the right additions. But like my old Winnipeg Staduim. The additions were horrid and all that mattered was how many more paying tickets you could get. Not fan comphort.

However both Regina and Winnipeg have solved that with their new stadiums.

I also find it funny our two prairie provinces have the nicest stadiums ( outdoor ) in the league and then you have the others with huge cities and hodge podge stadiums like THF lol. Even Ottawas is odd looking since it was just some Reno.

I'll be excited to see what Calgary comes up with.
That's very true, the Western CFL stadiums definitely the biggest factor in football having a foothold in professional sports in Canada and sports in general in 21st century. The Western stadiums combined capacity twice as large as Eastern fields even with recent renovations to the Ontario CFL facilities to bring them up to CFL standards, ie. BMO field.

Molson stadium in Montreal has come along way in last decade but probably since it still has track still circling playing field it must have horrible sight lines according to some.

Up next, i'm looking forward to seeing Calgary's plans for new stadium in coming years.