View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2010, 1:00 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffstuff129 View Post
The current lighting scheme seems to be taking itself a little too seriously for the playful post-modern building it adorns... I'd prefer if they got rid of it and just lit the spire.
I personally think that the lighting scheme compliments the building and adds a great element to the building let alone to the skyline. It is a very distinctive lighting scheme that helps a very distinctive building stand out even more. I also figure that both the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building both have prominent lighting schemes, so should the Bank of America. I do agree wholeheartedly that the spire should be lit up on this one as well, especially considering how big, thick and noticable it is almost like the mast/spire of the Empire State Building. Well I would consider it to be in about in between both the Empire State Building's and Chrysler Building's spires in density taking into account that one could climb up it to roughly 1,150 feet if they wanted to, not to mention containing wires and other elements necessary for the flood lighting. If the spire were lit, it would really compliment the lighting scheme that is already set in place on the building IMHO.

The last big thing I am waiting for is for them to tweak the remainder of the bugs out of the lighting scheme and get that final bar lit up... That will make a huge difference!

This building really does kind of remind me of the Bank of China building in Hong Kong due to specific similarities, that building has a lighting scheme that is very distinctive as well but occurs during the light show amongst Hong Kong's skyscrapers every evening.

Last edited by CHAPINM1; Jan 10, 2010 at 1:18 AM.