View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 1:25 AM
You can call me David

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRyerson View Post
How big is too big? I have some images in the 1mb to 1.5mb range that I would post with appropriate physical sizing considerations but would the resolution still pose a problem??
I've posted similar questions here but no one ever responded.

I have no problem with hi res files like that; in fact I prefer them because they can often be downloaded and then enlarged while retaining detail.

So I say go for it, but be moderate on the pixel dimensions unless there's a compelling reason to go big. I've been going with 1000 and 1200 pixel wide images which seems about right on my computers, but I still wonder what others think.

On another topic, here is a dumb, simple question that someone may be able to answer. Where did the term "block" (as in Temple Block or Downey Block) come from, and what does it actually mean? I always used to think of a block as an area of land between two streets but in L.A. history, "blocks" often seem to be individual buildings, that don't necessarily occupy a full "block", in the modern sense. Re-reading Scott's old posts reminded me of this question. Can anyone clarify this?

Last edited by 3940dxer; Jun 13, 2012 at 3:31 AM.