View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2022, 10:30 PM

Two ZBA agendas are now up. The things I miss while on vacation.

7/7 items of note:

1. Infill house in Upper Lawrenceville. Pretty bland/generic modern design. I've seen far uglier, but the blankness of the façade (just one big window upstairs, door/garage door below) makes it hard for me to "read it" as being a house

2. Plans for a new basketball court for South Side Works. This is fitting with the redesign of the complex to be more of a full-service neighborhood with amenities for local residents, and away from a destination retail/office park.

Also worth noting the final sign permits for the Downtown Target are going in. I walk by the site a lot for work (work on Smithfield now, and take the bus from Smithfield) and it's clear the internal work is done and when I last passed by last week they were stocking shelves, so it's opening seems to be immanent.

And 7/14:

1. Three infill houses in Larimer. This is the location. Thankfully the developers are using alley access, with detached garages, and not marring the fronts of the planned houses. It's hard to tell how it will look in the final designs from the crude schematics, but I don't like what's being done with the windows on the front façade, where the second floor is a symmetrical course of three, but the third story has a "great window" and a smaller window (for a bathroom?) set higher than the rest. The fourth story rooftop decks hidden behind the mansards make me think these are not affordable housing, which is a bit surprising (I thought Larimer was a few years yet away from market-rate new construction).