View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 9:40 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
That said, we're on the ground floor of our 3-flat and we use our building's back patio and front yard much more than the other residents do. Some of that is because it's simply easier for us to access, being a mere 7 risers down from our front/back doors, but it's mostly because we have the only little kids in the building. Top floor are DINKs, middle floor has 14 year old twins, and then us with our 6 and 4 year olds.
well now i'm feeling shameful for being a bit pre-judgy about the DINKs on the top floor of our building.

they are DINKs no more! the wife just informed me that they're expecting a little baby girl early next year.

together for many years in their mid-30s, with two cats and a dog, i just assumed they were gonna continue doing the "animal family" thing that a lot of city couples seem to do these days.

i guess "lockdown babies" are gonna be a thing.

and now our small-scale multi-family 3-flat will be full of actual families with children, which will be fun!

(now if only the owner of the 2-flat nextdoor to us would do something, ANYTHING, with his property. it's been 100% vacant since we moved in nearly 3 years ago! he ain't living there, doesn't rent out the two units, doesn't airB&B it, and has paid out at least $40,000 in property taxes over the past 3 years with absolutely zero rental income to cover it. i do. not. understand.)

Last edited by Steely Dan; Oct 29, 2020 at 1:16 AM.