Thread: North Bay
View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 4, 2014, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingyao View Post
You have managed to implement terrain extremely well. I don't think another city on here uses this so successfully. The terrain helps to define the character of the city more and creates a degree of realism much more than if the model was flat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellu View Post
Another great tour! I agree, that the terrain looks great and it really helps in making this city very realistic. Another thing is the realistic massing of those buildings. Hopefully we'll see more tours soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregSt View Post
I am surprised how good even the open spaces look, that must indeed be the terrain.
Thanks Pingyao, Vellu, Greg,
I love when cities are terraced on hills; it really adds a new dimension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
That's one beautiful skyline! I love the amount of low rises in the city, really adds to the realism! I've always wanted to do that with Staunton but I never manage to get past the CBD!
Thanks Patrick,
Now that you have neighborhoods surrounding the CBD of Staunton earmarked......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon42 View Post
Your city is looking great But how did you make those hills so nicely? When I tried to make a hill in my city it looked terrible, so I deleted it!
Thanks Skydragon,
What approach did you take in making hills?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
Wow - very impressive! For some reason the grid reminds me of Halifax.
Thanks Dac,
There is a little Halifax influence in there; The Citadel area and water. A suspension bridge in view doesn't hurt. I think Halifax has a great natural setting.