View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 14, 2010, 4:20 AM
Cat Enthusiast

Construction Updates

Well, I thought I'd never see it again, but here we are in another massive construction phase on campus.

North Campus dorm construction

Construction at them moment is pretty much just preparation. They started before school began (a mega hassle for me during band camp...) and they're still doing daily blasting (at 3PM on the dot) and moving huge mounds of dirt.

Science and Engineering Complex Phase III

Right now it looks like they've started building the fourth floor. Or maybe it's just the roof... anyways, they're progressing well and they've begun to do some additional work on surrounding areas to prepare for landscaping linkages and the like.

University Blvd Repaving

The repaving is finished, we're just waiting on the new striping. Good news! They're including bike lanes!

Foster Auditorium

This thing is starting to look REALLY nice, especially at night. It has all new lighting and the exterior restoration turned out great. At night, you can see inside at the arched ceiling and I've noticed some jumbotrons. I think it's gonna be a really nice, quality facility.

The courtyard between Farrah and Foster is also looking very nice. I took a picture from Farrah this morning that I might try and post later. Either way, the clock tower is almost finished and it fits in perfectly with the Foster architecture.

BB Comer

Undergoing some sort of exterior restoration. I think all those years of nasty water raining on the building when it had the steam plant in it kinda wore away at the surface. Anyways, they're been removing and cleaning the facade for a while now, and I'm hoping they turn that glut of space into more classrooms.

Gorgas House restoration

Also progressing well. Exterior work is still being done, can't say anything about what's going on inside, though.

Marr's Spring

Looking really nice. They've repaired the spring's waterfall dam and spillway structure, and they've created new paths and sidewalks (no more ugly asphalt). It's all lit up at night. Unfortunately, they're still working on it, so you can't get anywhere near it at the moment.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State