View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 10:43 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
Twinning Hwy 17 along Lake Superior would be insanely expensive. There would also be issues with provincial parks. And with many snowsqualls there are often highway closures on the 17 between the Sault and Wawa.

Highway 11 would be easier to twin and for bypassing towns.
And they won't even put up a fight?! Wow that's a first. Until now, I've never heard of any town that won't at least put up a fight to keep the highway (and hence businesses) through it (i.e. Nobel, Nipigon, Kakabeka Falls).

By the way, has anyone heard the "news" (quotation marks because it's been a month now) that the Chamber of Commerce of Timiskaming Shores asked MTO to turn 11 into a 2+1 because a 4-laned freeway doesn't seem to add up for MTO? Dang I wanna read up more on that. The news for that wasn't free. All in all, though, the chamber shouldn't have compromised.

Also, west of Matheson, should the twinning follow 101, up 655, back to 11, or follow 11 all the way with a freeway that bypasses Timmins on the north?