View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 22, 2012, 1:01 AM
Greetings from New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Actually that area around AC would be perfect for BRT. As it stands loads there would be light. The Mays Landing route would be busier, as it hits more destinations (a mall, a college).

I have a hunch my ideas and the NJT 2020 thingy you're citing look alike because they are both developed off of maximizing use of existing resources. As it stands all the lines I'm using are either active freight lines or (mostly) available ROW*.

--I was thinking of terminating Amboy at Bordentown but Burlington is a somewhat bigger employment center and therefore a better terminus. Getting it to Bordentown, however, is still adequate.
________
*There's a minor exception going down to Tuckerton where the easement was erased and a new would would hence need to be carved out through some back yards.
Yea I did not create any fantasy ideas per say , I just took them from the long term plans NJT had hoped to do by 2020. They've done half of them , so the rest of the proposals are not so far fetched... I never pictured Burlington as a large job hub , who are the employers there? As for Tuckerton , Honestly I don't see a need for Rail to go there , it would cause an explosion of sprawl. The MOM Network calls for service along the Red Bank line back to Lakehurst , the County wants it to go to Forked River which is doable.