View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .UP Periscope.

Starlet Christine Larson is uneasy about her neighbor's Do-It-Yourself periscope.

Old File / found on ebay

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Herbert. Herbert. Herbert. tsk tsk tsk

There's no mention of an address but I located a clue!. . .Christine Larson live on North Beverly Glen. (see BELOW)

from some book

Now all we need is a street number.... Why do I need the street number?

. . .because I want to drive the googlemobile over to her former house and see if Herbert's old periscope is still UP.
next door.

Christine lived at 1624 N. Beverly Glen...the peeper Kubowitz at 1628.... Nancy Davis's apartment was at 1244 Beverly Glen (apparently South rather than North Beverly Glen)--I guess we will always have to wonder whether it was actually Christine who gave the best head in Hollywood, which Nancy is widely credited with, since Nancy "forgot" her diaphragm one night, snagged Ronnie, with Maureen being born seven months after the wedding in March 1952. (Btw Christine was a Republican as was Nancy, so Ronnie must have been doubly torn.)

I was wondering who might have set up Christine in such a deluxe situation. Seems the house was owned by a Ben C. Bradley (not to be confused with the younger Washington Post editor) who is listed in the same records as Christine down the street at 1218 N Beverly Glen. But I'm sure, being a married man, he was just her landlord.... Going farther down the rabbit hole, it seems the Bradleys ran Bradley's Coffee Shop at 5909 Sunset...since it's raining, maybe I'll go look for a picture of that....)

The last GSV of 1624 N Beverly Glen:

Herbert's peeping pad is at left:

A demolition permit for Christine's house was issued on July 20, 2018:

Maybe someone with a laser eye can find the periscope:

PS from the Needless Addendum Dept-- how I miss the merciless Spy magazine, its esteemed reporting dovetailing as it did in the the case of Nancy with noir-era Hollywood--Gardner McKay (jealous), Xavier Cugat (not jealous), No-Nose Nanette Fabray (definitely not jealous)....

See all 50 Spy questions at here

Last edited by GaylordWilshire; Jul 1, 2020 at 1:21 PM.