View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 3:58 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
I took a long walk around the area south of Queens Plaza last weekend and it is turning into a really fascinating neighborhood with some great architecture and dining and drinking options. Really hope that the "coolness" factor begins to spread to the area to the north (Dutch Kills), which is still mostly warehouses and auto body shops.
I agree. I think thats the next hot spot for activity. A lot of those warehouses and auto repair shops are prime targets. Valuable land, right now, currently blight, but just like LIC use to be full of such blights, in time, it'll be snatched up.

Funny thing with LIC is that there is not enough supply to meet the demand. Even though the Amazon deal collapsed, even with that factor, the demand is extraordinary.

On a side note, that area is within proximity of Sunnyside Yards, which could be a mega development once all of the regulatory bs and environmental studies along with ownership transfers occur. But Sunnyside is long term. I just hope they maximize the potential of that area, and not make it one giant park with limited housing. Ideally, I'd love to see 50,000 units built on those yards over 15 years. Ideally. But we shall see.