View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 7:46 PM

Welcome to the thread, ronev760.

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Pal View Post

Is photobucket having some issues today? A couple of different members photos aren't loading from their posts right now?
It was working fine for me earlier, but now it won't show the large versions of my most recently uploaded images. It's also incredibly slow and failing every upload I try. After six months of cluelessness from Photobucket earlier this year I really thought they'd got their act together. Apologies if any of my images are currently missing - I'm sure they'll be back soon. Strangely, I had no problems with the site last week when they warned of possible problems during maintenance!

Edit: It looks like I may have jumped the gun in condemning Photobucket. They have actually posted something useful on their Facebook page (they obviously don't mind when it's someone else's fault!):
We are aware of the DDOS attack that has been affecting many sites today. The Photobucket site is up-and-running. However, it is possible that some ISP’s may be slow to resolve across all of Dyn’s (DNS Provider) available servers. Some users may experience intermittent connectivity.
They also provide a link to an article explaining what happened.

Last edited by HossC; Oct 21, 2016 at 8:16 PM. Reason: Add extra info.