View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 3:56 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Buildings are built out of demand. The developer is going to build as high as they thing the market demands. Why would Comcast build two 500 footers in UCity? Wouldn't you rather them build one Supertall in Center City next to the Comcast Center? You contradict yourself.

No I don't dude, it was just an example in my discussion with phillyfan. Next time I'll use corporation X instead of Comcast.

Having tall buildings, vibrancy,residents,jobs, people isn't going to hurt Drexel or Penn. It will only make them stronger and more inviting.

I know there is a sentiment here that skylines are irrelevant and they serve little purpose. I call BS on that. 4 Mile continuous Skyline is a calling card only a few cities in the world can claim, Philadelphia has that potential. You add a string of eye catching 400' + towers from 30th to 40th extending the already impressive skyline and you start to really get peoples attention.

Its ridiculous to say WHOA that's it , the skyline stops at 31st. We're Drexel or We're Penn. No NO No . This is the city of Philadlephia not the city of Penn or Drexel.