View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 12:03 AM

I really love the Brandon Hall Apartments and the 'IHOP' building at n/w corner of Wilshire & Hauser. Thanks for pointing them out G_W.

I am shocked the El Mirador is empty. I thought it was probably one of the most sought after addresses in West Hollywood.
Years ago I was able to visit one of the upper apartments when a friend was house sitting. The apartment was beautiful with pure white walls...hardwood floors and 20 foot ceilings (well...it seemed like 20 feet...remember I'm pretty short ).

_____

I finally figured out the location of this slide that I found on ebay quite some time ago.
(I thought I might have posted this photo before but I couldn't find it in any of my searches).

slide/ebay

I decided to concentrate on the building that appears behind the restaurant. At first I thought the building was part of Columbia Square so I began searching Sunset and the 'gower gulch' area. It turns out the mystery building is located on the Sunset Gower Studios lot (formerly Columbia Studios).

below: Dillon's Copper Skillet was located on the S/W corner of Sunset & Gower. A Denny's now occupies the site.

google street view

_____

Last edited by ethereal_reality; Mar 16, 2012 at 1:25 AM.