View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 6:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Yes, well, I have already pointed out that in general, I am not a supporter of burying urban waterways, but I also believe that individual projects should be considered on their own merits, and in this case, I think the merits of the Skipper Jack's proposal are such that I am inclined to let them proceed.

In this particular case, Rabbit Brook is not much more than a weed choked and litter strewn ditch, no more than a few hundred metres from it's end point where it disappears under Plaza Blvd and the Moncton Chrysler dealership lot. It reappears beyond this as a dried up flood retention pond. There are no fish in Rabbit Brook at this point, but I will concede that there some amphibians and turtles, and it provides some habitat for small mammals and birds, which is a consideration. Still, the arguments to maintain Rabbit Brook in it's current state in this particular location are pretty weak.

As I've said though, this is now a moot point. Now that the activists are involved, any responsible politician will be heading for the high hills, or seeking cover under their desks. This proposal is dead, dead, dead.............