View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 13, 2013, 2:22 PM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
That's not untrue, though. Maybe not NSP specifically, but the current state of the power utility (ie. Emera is accountable to shareholders who may or may not live in NS, essentially controls 100% of the electricity available in NS, and owns electrical utilities in other jurisdictions) means that Nova Scotians are paying significantly more for electricity than we might be otherwise. This is also terrible for industry, and is one of the reasons that the mills are all shutting down and/or getting bailed out.
Its true of everything in Nova Scotia though! Our rates aren't helped by groups like the HT getting something for their own ends.

Also... I don't agree with the mills period. Its a sunset industry! Lets give that bailout money to tech startups!

Doesn't surprise me funding hit a snag, although the given HT's experience and amount of free time, I thought they may be clever enough to rig the system as they have in the past.

I guess its easier to argue against things from happening and obstruct policy as opposed to actually doing anything / creating positive change.