View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 5:09 AM
Fourth and Main

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen.

Construction is on the rise in Winston-Salem! Winston-Salem had the biggest increase (by percentage) in construction employment, of North Carolina's big six cities, over the past year! Very impressive! I also saw a report that said downtown had an increase in the total number of jobs by more than 11,000. Wow!

Video Link

Bailey South:
The opening of this $22.5 million office & retail project is now moved to June 2020. Eight months until completion!

Some people are asking about this crane: It is for a neighboring project we aren't following on this thread.

Credit: jc671988

Concrete pumper truck pouring the floors before sunrise:

Credit: blkflycreative

Credit: pinkcrawlws

Credit: salsbufr

Credit: skylerbrownphoto

Courtyard by Marriott - Downtown:

Sixth floor bar and observation deck:

Credit: clarendonpropertiesnc

Cladding the north facade:

Credit: Fam Brownlee

Downtown Hampton Inn & Suites:

Credit: Roger Holden

Credit: Roger Holden

Main & Third:

Credit: emily.brier

Hyatt Place Hotel:

Credit: Gwyn

Merschel Park:

Credit: Aki Nakahira

Sentinel Commons:
M_Aker @ WSTB Forum posted an update on Sentinel Commons. Yes, construction has started! And yes, they are working to convert "The Press Level" into a food hall. If you would like to open a restaurant in that space, call: (336) 831-3723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel Commons
Here at Sentinel Commons, our Press Level is an ideal space for entrepreneurs, creatives, and culinary businesses to bring their concepts to life or expand into a new location. Get in touch today to learn more about becoming a part of our envisioned food hall, market, and entertainment venues!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Aker @ WSTB Forum
Small update. On their Instagram story today, they posted that they have begun work on the second floor of the building.

The Easley Apartments:
The developer has acquired the site and has financing, but will wait until next month to seek final City Council approval, while they make a few modifications to the proposal.

Hyphen Hops Brewing Company & Mixed-use:
One of many craft breweries under construction in Winston-Salem.

Credit: Hyphen Hops Brewing Co.

EGGER North American Headquarters:
We finally have a rendering of this office building!

Credit: State of North Carolina

500 West 5th:

Credit: southernbiscuits

Winston Junction:

Soft opening for Camel City Goods clothing store's second downtown location:

Credit: alaybaker

WFBH Eye Institute:
This project is much bigger than what was originally reported! Look for apartments, retail, a large parking deck, and a "possible" hotel in this potentially three building project! rmhpmi @ WSTB Forum reported seeing "an "environmental drilling and construction" work crew" at the site, "taking soil and/or water samples." I can report (confirm what he said) that Hart & Hickman was hired to do this work for all three proposed building sites. When completed, this will fill the entire site west of Research Parkway and south of Third Street. An official announcement is expected in 2020.

Link Apartments 4th Street:

Credit: brz_dev

Twin City Motors Building Adaptive-reuse:

Credit: lincolninfield_fullthrottlemag

Salem Parkway:

Credit: wendyleighbarnett

Hoots Brewing Company on Trade:

Progress at this downtown craft brewery:

Credit: sabacek_design

Stevens Center Renovation:

It's interesting to see the interior of this former silent movie theatre:

Credit: aidahbuljina

Wood Roof Brewing Company:
Are you ready for another craft brewery! Wood Roof Brewing Company is the newest brewery on our list. They already have a building and are ready to start work.

Credit: Wood Roof Brewing Co.

Link Apartments Innovation Quarter:

Credit: linkaptsiq

Credit: linkaptsiq

Credit: andisstyles

Credit: t2photos_

Facade lighting:

Credit: zulu_bh

I like the blue lighting in the corner tower:

Credit: photoartistrybymelinda

Off-Subject:

Construction Growth:
Winston-Salem had the largest increase (by percentage) in construction employment, of North Carolina's big six cities, over the past year! Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

1. Winston-Salem: 6% Increase
2. Fayetteville: 3% Increase
3. Durham: 2% Increase
4, Raleigh: 1% Increase
5. Greensboro: 1% Increase
----State Average---- -1% Decrease
6. Charlotte -5% Decrease

Winston-Salem is booming right now! I try to post at least some of the construction, but there are maybe three or four times more construction projects than what you see in this thread. The projects in this thread are just the projects I can find photographs and updates for. There are some projects I can't find updates for and they never appear here, other than maybe a one-time announcement of the project.

Out at the Movies LGBT International Film Festival:
Don't forget to buy your tickets for Out at the Movies LGBT International Film Festival in Winston-Salem. Yes, it is this weekend.

Three Photographs From Downtown's Arts District:

Credit: catdawg__

Credit: wadecodesign

Your City