View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2014, 11:42 PM
Bring out the cranes...

With all the exciting news of new towers proposals or rumors I thought I would bump this old thread up and re-ask the question, "Will Salt Lake City ever get a signature tower?"

When I did this poll last year, I might should of had one for "before 2020"

Here are some Proposals and Rumors that I think are fair to toss around the fun idea of "what if"

The Forum Office Tower

At a total of 29-stories, this tower could be a new tallest that will be unlike anything we have ever seen here in Salt Lake. People are already calling this a "Game changer" for our skyline.

Urban Air Center

Please note that this rendering is now out of date if rumors are true
Once proposed as a14 story boutique hotel. Will include a restaurant and a high end night club., roof top pool/club, 350 person multi-use entertainment space, this development is rumored to be "much taller" according to a inside source. However that question now rises, if the Forum ends up developing their 18-story "boutique hotel" down the road, will there be enough demand for Urban Air Center as well?

151 Tower

This tower first started out as a 9-story building proposal, then a 14, then a 18 and now a 300 plus footer with a taller crown. While I don't see this tower getting much taller then what they have now, wouldn't it be fun if say, Boyer Company adds another 10 stories on top making this unique design tower a tallest/signature looking skyscraper.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976