View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 10:47 PM

The CAP is a decreasing expense though, it's expected to be 35% of the whole budget in 2013. I will confess that I'm not aware of the system details, it's just no secret that people in the UK have a negative opinion about it, and that agriculture is yet a precious resource when the world population keeps on growing. That sector has certainly a great future so we need to support the European farmers, it will be in the UK's interest as well.

As an average citizen, I have absolutely no problem with the British rebate. Numbers show that the UK is a major contributor, taking their responsibility, that's fine.
I just don't like the way you seem to despise southern Europe. For example Portugal has some debt issues for now, still the Portuguese are renowned as serious hard workers, they easily deserve your respect. Do you know that in average, the Greeks work more than the Germans and the British, not to mention the French? They surely have some issues and even some faults but since they're generally courageous for working, we're gonna help them and save our own butts at the same time because make no mistake, from Ireland to Greece, from Portugal to Finland, we're already all in the same damn boat and there will be no turning back.