THE RIM

Project Facts:

Total Size
Approximately 1,500,000 SF on 150 Acres

Traffic Counts
111,000 Cars/day on I-10, South of Hwy-1604
85,000 Cars/day on I-10, East of Hwy-1604

Total Space Available
Approximately 1,500,000 SF (1,300,000 SF Anchors, 170,000 SF Shops, & 8 Outparcels)

Bass Pro Shops will lead the co-anchors in retail facet of the The Rim, a 700+ acre mixed-use development that blends urban plazas, courtyards and parks with entertainment, retail, office and residential components.

The Rim will boast approximately 1.5 million square feet of retail space uniquely blended into a complement of tenantry that can and will appeal to all strata of consumers throughout the Greater San Antonio metropolitan area. Thomas Enterprises purchased the site from San Antonio-based Worth Enterprises in 2003, changing the name to The Rim from “North Rim.”

The Rim’s blend of multiple components is designed to meet the retail, service and entertainment needs of San Antonio residents, the local community, and visitors to the area.

The anticipated land use mix includes destination entertainment attractions and retail, lodging, office/commercial space, traditional shopping outlets, as well as a proposed residential component.

The first phase of the project concentrates on the destination retail and entertainment attractions. Destination entertainment and retail by definition is designed to draw in customers from beyond the local economy, bringing new money into the community in the form of de facto tourism.

At completion, the first phase of The Rim is expected to hold tenants and attractions that will have cumulative annual revenues of $503.5 million and employ approximately 3,140 full and part-time workers.