View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 23, 2013, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
I know Claude Jones is part of the deal for a fact. I heard Steve Nash (BB player) might be involved as well as Jones is a personal friend of his. This is all one big project from what I've heard.
That's really interesting if true about Steve Nash. Would have never expected that. Is it true about the "power couple" or is that some random rumor? Any idea of what they plan on doing? i.e. building up the area a little bit, getting semi big or big names to play at the place after some sort of fix up, etc?

I know the company that is part of the deal is concerned with neighborhood blight, so if this is a big project and the area will be revitalized, I'm excited to see what they can do with it (especially if they don't try and make it into a small Lincoln Park or something).

The list of performers who've played at New Regal is really amazing, so if they can somehow return it to that level or near it along with some business around it - would be great for parts of South Shore, Avalon Park, and South Chicago maybe.