View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2019, 2:58 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Now that the Drexel school year has started, I finally got around to visiting the new park... and it's a deadzone. I was the only one walking around there on Sunday. I'm willing to bet that the reason is that the Bulletin Building is currently U/C, added to the fact that there's really nothing around.
True...I was there too on Sunday. We probably passed each other and didn't even realized it...LOL.

However, the execution of the Drexel Square was excellent. I can see it will be a cool place to hang out and especially once the new bldgs are built around it and the completion of the Bulletin bldg renovations and re-cladding is done. Also, if there was more retail between 30th and 32nd on Market St, it would help liven the area. Bottom line, it's got huge potential, especially as more builds get done. BTW, on Market St the buses and lines to the buses were long. They have to figure a way out to get some sort of bus transportation hub right there.

BTW...30th street station looks glorious with Drexel Square in front.

I have lots of photos that I will try to post later, but kind of a busy day for me.