View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 10, 2008, 9:47 PM
Everywhere all at once

There is no denying that this proposal is outstanding and incredible (I LOVE IT), but I must say I've become increasingly skeptical of such fantastically groundbreaking designs' ability to hold water in the stagnating real estate market. I almost feel like it's a waste to propose these towers NOW, when they (the architects) could instead let them incubate in their heads for another year or two. I mean, we all know that if this proposal falls through (hypothetically speaking of course), the second proposal, which could or could not be by Libeskind, will not be as spectacular. It is just the nature of these things, and we'll say "oh darn, I wish he had proposed that garden-terrace tower now instead of back in 2008." I want to say to the starchitects, stop wasting these great proposals in this dead market! In a better market (i.e. 2011-2012 perhaps?), I can bet you that this and other troubled proposals would slide right through to construction (ignoring the NIMBY factor, of course), instead of becoming trapped in red tape or lack-of-funds spiderwebs like they are now.

SAVE THE GOOD PROPOSALS FOR A BETTER TIME! PLEEEASEE!!! My heart just can't bear to see more awesome buildings fall through and disappear into thin air.