Thread: LEGO Skylines
View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2007, 1:06 AM
BANNED

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecoJim View Post
John (and Kevin):
You should definitely look at the amazing work of a friend of mine. My own buildings are in too big a scale to use for city planning but Spencer Rezkall has been developing many extraordinarily detailed "micro-scale" skyscraper models out of Lego:

Photo montage by Spencer: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2358691
(you can use this link to access additional photos of his models).

His Sears Tower model is about 2 feet high and yet uses over 4000 small Lego parts. The scale is larger than Kevin's Austin skyline, but nevertheless Spencer has talked about trying to do all of southern Manhattan. He gets all his parts from bricklink.com

When building a Lego skyline, I recommend trying to get the color as close as possible to the real structures (the Lego company makes several dozen colors of Lego now compared to about 6 colors in the 1970s).

I so f**king want one of these models to build, especially the one with the Twins, but I'm finding it awefully hard to find out about, much less buy.

Does ANYONE know how I can go about getting any of these sets? Any help that you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.