View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 17, 2020, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
I've been watching this one rise since late August/early September. This building is now framed out. I'm excited to see what will eventually happen with 842 N Broad, which constitutes the majority of the lot in the picture!

I posted about this one a few weeks back, when I first noticed it for sale. I'm SUPER excited about the possibilities for this lot! An 11 story building would be perfect in that spot.

Though Francisville is entering the final stages of revitalization, there's still sooooo much going on around here! Projects are in various stages of construction along Ridge Avenue, there's a modular building currently rising on N 19th Street, large lots along Broad are seeing interest, and there's a huge project planned at 17th and Girard. Additionally, a few new businesses have began to open shop along Ridge Avenue! The action in adjacent neighborhoods is also great--I'm pumped that I'll be able to take a 10 minute walk to an Aldi larger than the one on 31st and Girard.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Francisville is fully built out, similar to Fairmount. Personally, I think that the portion of Templetown/Cecil B. Moore bounded by Broad, Ridge, Girard, and Master is going to fill up with people who are looking to purchase homes, yet are priced out of the neighborhoods to the south. It could also increase the intensity of development in Brewerytown, as well as the parcels in Sharswood that the PHA didn't take a few years ago.
Love to hear all of this! Can't wait to see the upward trajectory of North Broad! I long for the day North Broad is entirely built out between Center City and Temple Main, and South Broad is fully built out between City Hall and Washington Ave at the minimum.