View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2008, 6:09 AM
New Yorker for life

Great photos NYC4LIFE...I didn't think I would feel anything for the falls, but they are actually a nice touch for the lower east river area. They'll be around for about 4 months, long enough that we'll get used to seeing them. I think they should find a more permanent way and location for the falls, with not so much scaffolding visible.

Meanwhile, the temporary east river park near the Brooklyn Bridge falls is ready:

http://curbed.com/archives/2008/06/2...en_too.php?o=0

Meanwhile, the Brooklyn Bridge Pop-Up Park is Open Too

Thursday, June 26, 2008, by Robert

So, here's this summer's little Brooklyn waterfront surprise: the Pop-Up Park designed by dlandstudio that was only officially announced a couple of weeks ago. It occupies the northernmost part of Pier 1, which until very recently was occupied by a warehouse. To its south is more land that's been cleared for Brooklyn Bridge Park.

The little park features pavement painted to look like sand, a bunch of picnic tables, four trees, an outpost of the restaurant Rice, promotional banners for the future park and a close view of the waterfall under the Brooklyn Bridge with a distant view of the other three. It was quiet and cool there this morning, but both of those conditions are sure to change soon.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.