Thread: Snout Houses
View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2021, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
These are beyond ugly. Why do people even need to keep their car in the damn house? I mean, yes it might save some time brushing snow off it a few days a year, but is that really worth the extra money in building materials to add that additional area and in the process make your house hideous? Of course for a lot of the people (at least in my region) a car (or sufficient space for one) is one of the least common things in a garage so people do find uses for them. General assorted storage is probably the most common use, and workshops would be the second. Basically a glorified shed which can be done in a much more attractive way.

i like having a garage personally - own a townhouse with an alley behind, and rear facing garage - the only right way to do things IMO. not common at all for atlanta, but definitely so in other places like chicago and dallas. some of my neighbors with families treat theirs as extra outdoor living space, one even went as far as putting a nifty pebble coating on the concrete - they park their cars on the street during the day and only bring them in before going to bed.