Thread: Flamborough
View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2008, 12:05 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millstone View Post
What the hell dude. Those private companies, which use a certain fraction of the roadway, deliver goods and services for you, the consumer, to use at a reasonable time and cost. A lot of trucks use the road because there's no four-oh-something highway between Hamilton and Waterloo/Wellington. If the highway gets bypassed with a freeway to the west, then the existing road can be downloaded to Hamilton like all the others were in 1998, and you can have your non-congested road.

Hwy 6 between Waterdown and Morriston and needs to be bypassed completely; the traffic is too great for an 80 km/h 5-lane expressway with signals. The original 2-lane alignment in Puslinch and Morriston is good for nostalgia, but has long outlived its usefulness.

I don't know what you're on about, but good luck.

I'm still waiting for you to get to the part about Flambasterdas funding the entire thing.
Fastcars - please don't insult my intelligence. This interchange AND all the sprawl has been in planning for decades. Don't make it sound like the sprawl just popped out of nowhere much to everyone's surprise.
Again, who is funding all this mess?? That is the original topic. Some stiff at city hall told one of the forumers that Flamborough was 100% financially autonomous and that's just plain wrong.
The funny part is about them 'bailing out downtown Hamilton' as the reason for amalgamation.
Yea, all that tax revenue is really going to bail us out. They might be able to pave a couple km of roadway downtown, if that.