View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2019, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Actually Regina was around 10 years. They first seriously considered a new stadium back in 2007..back then it was about a multi-purpose domed stadium. I agree it is around 8 - 10 years from the idea of a stadium being expressed publicly to the completion of construction.

I have no agenda, but I do not trust leblanc one bit and have no faith in any project associated with him. If this succeeds, I think it will be in spite of his association. The quotes from JHikka above remind me the promises and false deadlines he gave when involved with the Coyotes a few years ago.
I don't think that is right about Regina, we may have a different measuring stick but when I think they first got serious it was spring and summer 2009. Stadium Concept Review: A Summary Report

I can see where some have issues with LeBlanc but that shouldn't cause alarm bells just because we have no clue how much financing is behind him. After all, as far as I know he was able to meet a 50 million dollar payroll in Phoenix. A CFL payroll is 5 million. Just because he doesn't want to put all his money into a stadium doesn't make him much different than many other owners.

I don't think you will ever see jhikka post one positive piece of news on a CFL stadium or team regardless if Leblanc said it or not. I myself have gone on record as saying if this is another Renegades venture (no properly financed ownership) I'd rather not have it than see it fail later.

I can't see why Ambrosie would allow this to go ahead if LeBlanc didn't have bona fides, what would there be to gain by it? And also, why would it still be going on for this long? Does Leblanc's mouth write cheques he can't cash right away? Probably so, but that still doesn't explain how he could carry another owner and Tom Cochrane with him.

Maybe this will all crash, I don't know, but the last proposal made some sense and is surely doable especially when measured against what every other large city in this country has done.