View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 12:33 AM

I really like this idea. Nothing gets me more angry than having to yield to cars when walking around spring garden or anywhere downtown where there are no skyways. In fact today I missed my bus because I was stuck on the other side of the street waiting for the light to change and the "walk" signal. None of them are actually there to shop. They are just driving through!!

To be honest they should have turned that shopping area of spring garden into a pedestrian mall long ago. From star bucks all the way to the lord nelson. But this idea is alot cheaper and faster I guess. And it will put Halifax's impatient drivers in their place!

They need to have them all down the busy retail area of spring garden and the bottom in front of Maritime Center and in the intersection of Duke and Barrington. Right now I have to use the skyways just to pass that intersection. (which I would still do anyway on the wet/cold/hot days.) Maybe also have one between City Center Atlantic and the Dresden row entrance to Park Lane.