View Single Post
Old Posted May 1, 2007, 9:03 PM

-The third floor of Park Lane is dead, it used to have shops, then they all moved out. Eventually an ING office was built in part of it, and most of the rest is still for rent. Strange, considering the lower two floors have some of the highest sales east of Montreal.

-The second floor of Scotia Square was renovated in the 90s, they removed most of the shops there, it's really quiet. Today it has two call centres, for Aliant and Scotiabank.

-Village at Bayers Road (formerly the Bayers Road Shopping Centre), as mentioned earlier, is pretty dead. It was actually the first mall in Halifax. I think the only real draw there today is the bowling alley, I'm not sure if Zellers moved out or not.

-West End Mall, I'm not in here often, but Halifax Shopping Centre right across the street pretty much renders it useless to most people. The only real draw is the Bay next door, and the Access Nova Scotia (that is, I think this mall basically survives on people coming to get their driver's licenses renewed).

Park Lane's failing third floor, used to be mostly identical in layout to the lower floor:

Compare to the successful second floor: