View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 8:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
Except for NYC, just about all the supertall buildings in the US have been residential. That's why even Miami, a relatively weak corporate center given its metro size, is proposing all of those tall residential buildings. Even Chicago has only built supertall residential buildings. I would guess that Austin is at the peak of its supertall construction, especially considering real estate prices have skyrocketed and the metro now seems to be more actively sprawling like Dallas and Houston. And those two cities don't seem to have the demand for supertall residential, and neither does Atlanta. I only see Miami, NYC, Chicago, and maybe LA building the next wave of supertalls this decade. And maybe one from a place like Charlotte, and one more from Austin.
Charlotte? I would add San Francisco to your list. There’s a lot proposed there. Including the city’s second super tall. 50 main st. Austin will build Texas new tallest tower and 3rd tallest west of Mississippi after Wilshire Grand in LA and Salesforce Tower in San Francisco.