View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
You mean, people have to pay for access to an independent parking facility like everyone else who wishes to park on SGR and just gets a discount from Pete's? Or the parking facility is actually part of and owned by the store development?
I mean, the complex who's name escapes me, that contains Petes and other business has a public parking facility contained within. IIRC, if you spent, like 20 bucks at Pete's, they would give you a pass for parking. Don't know if that is still the case, though.

FWIW, I'm not sure what the argument is in this case, but if I'm driving I have no problem paying for indoor/underground parking. In fact I prefer it, because (1) there are usually plenty of parking spaces available in a pay lot, (2) if the weather is bad outside you don't get wet/frozen taking your groceries to your car, (3) it helps support the building owner's investment on providing parking for the public, thus lessening the desire for surface parking and encouraging more density building where its needed.