View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 31, 2018, 2:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
@ skyscraper

Do you work for the New York Post...?
No, just someone who doesn't want to live in a world where the answer to problems is "let the state take control."

Quote:
That is reactionary. Where talking a few blocks here. The area is overdue for an overhaul. Time is of the essence. City needs to stay competitive. Where not in a situation where the state will take over the whole Island...
...yet. But soon a few blocks become a few more blocks, and a few more blocks...
What's the hurry? Why is time of the essence? Are people and companies leaving the city that I am not aware of? Last I checked, NYC was doing pretty well for itself.
And even if time were of the essence, it's not like the government is some fast-moving body that gets things done in a hurry. The private sector, on the other hand, is.

Quote:
Would you rather the area remain underutilized and decay or become a district that benefits 1000's via improvements or jobs for the next several decades?
A district that benefits thousands in improvements, jobs, etc for the next several decades. That's why I want the government to stay the hell out of it.