View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 24, 2019, 1:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
I'm happy with the current plan; I think the plan was always to just cap between chestnut and walnut. not sure if capping to market is possible without lowering 95 since it starts to come above grade there. Also there's the El to worry about. Capping to Dock street seems more reasonable, but was probably more complex due to the grade changes (the current cap at dock street is level with delaware ave). Maybe it'll happen in the future, but I'd honestly rather them focus on capping the vine street expressway at least around Logan circle.
I wonder if during this multi year planning process if there are any provisions for expanding the cap, probably to the south, in the future. A little bit of planning could go a long way in the future.

If anyone went to the public meeting was much if anything said as how this plan came to be vs the first 'plan' that was put out to the public maybe 18 months ago? Also, I hope theres plans for doing something to enliven the part of Delaware Ave which will become a short tunnel. The street has enough problems already, so it doesn't need any more.