View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2005, 11:48 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Arrow DUBAI | Developments Thread

Culwulla's diagram

quick view

poster

Edited by malec:

I have included a few new goodies this time.

How to read my tables.

The general progress of the towers and stats, etc.

How the construction is expected to progress on these towers. For this I didn't use official schedules, just did them based on my own intuition and observation of construction of these type of towers in general. They could be wrong so nobody should take these as set in stone at all. Also this is assuming things go as they are currently going now and no major surprises, good or bad.
You'll notice I've given timetables for damac heights and the lighthouse tower which are now on hold. Work on damac heights is supposed to start soon enough and also there is a chance more work will be done on the lighthouse. I've made the timetable assuming they do get started and then a main contractor. Same with burj al alam and the pentominium.

The projected number of supertalls as the years go by.

Dubai Supertall Progress Report

Nakheel Tower

As dead as a door nail.

Burj Dubai

Cladding work has increased in speed recently

Pentominium

Piling is finished and excavation is going on to reveal the pile caps. The main contractor is ACC who have a lot of experience building supertalls. They have built or are building the princess tower, elite residence, almas tower, rose rotana, etihad towers and central market in Abu Dhabi.

One Park Avenue

Dead.

Dubai Towers

Dead

Burj al Alam

Piling work has been restarted here and is going on at a fairly quick pace. Piling is supposed to be completed at the start of the next year.

Burj al Fattan

The height has been revealed as 463m from a document from somebody working on the design. The demolition is pretty much done now. We will see soon whether this area becomes a construction site or a car park!

Bin Manana Twin Towers

Piling continues but slowly.

Damac Heights

Nothing here but there is a redesign expected and apparently Damac still want to build this in some shape or form.

Marina 106

This has gotten very slow recently. Almost on hold I think but we will see.

Princess Tower

This has definitely slowed down. The tower rises only one floor every two weeks now. Core is on the 66th floor.

Marina 101

Once the regular floors started this started rising quickly. The tower is now on the 26th floor.

The Lighthouse

Piling has been completed but this is now on hold since there has been no main contractor selected.

23 Marina

Progress is steady, not slow and not fast. They have started work on the last section of floors which is a set of 24 floors which will have balconies with pools on them. Will be interesting to see how they look. I expect progress to slow down a little because of every second floor being different. Should reach 300m in the new year I think.

Emirates Park Towers

Excellent progress here. Somewhere above the 60th floor now and should pass 300m before the end of the year.

Elite Residence

This is also very slow. They have been building the 2nd and 3rd floors above the podium for ages and are only now starting to get past.

Almas Tower

Still not completed but is actually partially occupied already.

Al Attar Tower

Progress continues on the cladding but very slow. Nothing yet on the spire.

The Torch

Progress continues to be very good here. The tower is on the 75th floor while the core is at the 77th or 78th floor. This should reach 300m in a few weeks.

Rose Rotana Suites

A completed but unused tower on SZR.

The Skyscraper

Very very slow, almost dead.

Al Yacoub Tower

Work here has picked up speed once again after going on hold for a while. The height has increased by a few floors and lots of cladding (but ugly) has been put on. The tower seems to be somewhere near the 65th floor while the core is around 2 or 3 levels above.

The Index

Very slow still but there is progress at least. Cladding at the tower is continuing at a slow pace.

HHHR Tower

Cladding work is progressing well and this tower should be complete early next year.

Ocean Heights

Excellent work here and looking great too. Tower on the 68th floor and core probably on the 70th. Should top out before the year’s end.

Infinity Tower

Work is progressing well here. The tower is on the 14th floor while the core is somewhere near the 20th.

Al Hekma Tower

Dead

Last edited by malec; Aug 9, 2009 at 11:12 PM.