View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 14, 2020, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
Private members bill has passed second reading to pass a law to keep Ontario on daylight savings time year round. The government supports the bill. If passed, it would only take effect if Quebec and New York passed similar laws. Watch Quebec decide to stay on standard time year round lol. I wonder if those jurisdictions are actually looking at this? I can't imagine New York only looks at Ontario or Quebec on this. I would have to think that a large chunk of other states around them would have to agree as well. But I also think that if they do go for it, it will lead to a cascade of other eastern time zone states going along as well.
Ah yes, another wacky idea with a total lack of consideration for people in Southwestern Ontario. Why is New York included in this but not Michigan? There is obviously no way Windsor should be in a different time zone than Detroit. Further, if Ontario were in daylight time year-round then the sun wouldn't even rise in Windsor in December until after 9:00. If Michigan were to agree to this, then in Western Michigan it wouldn't rise until 9:30. Hence, they will never agree to it anyway. Discussion closed. I'm sure this no-name MPP from Ottawa never bothered to research how this could impact the other parts of the province.