View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 14, 2019, 4:56 AM

Denver is an amazing city with many millenials moving there, for good reason. However at least on an anecdotal basis I know plenty of young folks, our family included, that decided to move. We were effectively priced out of a single family home in Denver proper. For a budget of $400k our options to live close to the urban core were the west side of Aurora and the SW corner by Ruby Hill, and even then was usually an older home that hadn't been updated in 20 years (and in less than desirable neighborhoods). So effectively we were looking at going to the suburbs (Thornton vs SE Aurora). At $50k below that price point we got a brand new 3/2 with 2200 sqft in a very safe part of Scottsdale, AZ. Miss Denver but definitely made the right decision. If you are a young family looking to buy in one of the nicer neighborhoods on that slideshow, you have to have deep pockets. Upper 400s is the starting price for outdated SFH in gentrifying neighborhoods like Skyland or Virginia Vale. Just out of curiosity I would like to know what the younger people moving here do for a career. Both wife and I are locked into healthcare jobs so no real upward mobility, but would be nice to know what to tell my kids to go into