View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2019, 2:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Interesting insight, thanks. As far as the municipal government delays and work loads, I really don't get it. I would have thought cities would simply raise fees sufficiently to self-fund reasonable commercial time frames for reviews.

Perhaps they've tried that and in the tight labor markets simply can't find or keep the proper talent.
It's been a perfect storm that nobody could anticipate. There are signs it may have peaked, at least in the near term as Denver Sales Tax receipts grew at about 1/3 the pace of a year ago.

You really highlighted a lot of the problem with respect to land availability and to an extent water access. DougCo, especially has struggled with this. Ofc now we have environmentalists fighting the long planned expansion of Gross Reservoir.

Planning clustermess continues though... for now. Donna Bryson/Denverite covered some of the potential construction defects downside.

Aerotropolis can't come fast enough I guess. Much of the planning has been done and this summer they'll start on road infrastructure.

There's still a lot of land at the Federal Center that was delayed by the homeless wanting to build a tent city. With that behind I'm not sure where it's at. Lakewood for it's part will be voting in early July on new development limitations.

Doesn't sound like the new Denver City Council will be the most development friendly either but that remains to be seen. Campaign bluster and reality aren't always a match. Not sure what the holdup is with Sun Valley?